Apple Day At Tewin Orchard
Well, Tewin Orchard Apple Day is over for another year and we hope you had as much fun as we did.
- Did you take home some of our apples, but not sure what you bought ?
- Do you have an apple tree at home and want to identify what type it is ?
- Does not knowing the name of the apple you are eating leave you feeling sad and frustrated ?
- Need an Xmas or birthday present for the gardener in your family ?
Then how about grabbing a copy of the new edition of "Apples a field guide" from our book store.
Apple Day 2017
A fun event for all the family.
- Children's activities
- Guided walks around the orchard
- Scavenger hunt for the kids
- There will be apples and apple juice for sale
- and Preserves, tea, coffee and cake ... for if you arnt felling very appley
- Experts will be on hand to identify varieties of apple and provide advice on fruit tree care
Apple Day is nationwide in October and is a celebration of orchards but also a demonstration of the variety we are in danger of losing, not simply in apples, but in the richness and diversity of landscape, ecology and culture.
Not an apple person? Come for a cuppa tea (or coffee) and have a chat anyway!
So dont forget Tewin Orchard Apple Day is at Upper Green, Tewin from 12pm-4.30pm on Sunday 8th October 2017
Apple Day 2016
Tewin Orchard Apple Day is at The Pavilion Upper Green Tewin on Sunday 9 October, 12 noon to 4.30pm.
Lots of different fruit varieties to see, taste and buy with preserves and honey, too.
There are apple juicing demonstrations, Wildlife Trust stalls for family fun, the Badger Group stand and refreshments plus the orchard to look round.